A high-quality financial advisor who truly cares about you and your family can:
At Lewis Wealth Management, we are a full-service, fee-only advisory firm. That means the only fee we receive is from our clients. We will not accept commissions or payments from third parties. This insures that our clients’ interests always come first.
- Tell you in concrete terms the resources necessary to achieve your financial goals, and show you whether or not you are on track at any time.
- Design a financial plan and investment portfolio that is custom tailored to reflect your goals and tolerance for risk, and monitor the plan to make sure it is properly executed.
- Research and select the right types of investments to complement your plan, while providing access to institutional and private investments.
- Provide the discipline necessary to stick to the plan when either panic or euphoria want to lead you astray at precisely the wrong time.
- Provide professional guidance while making important financial decisions.
- Provide peace of mind to you and your family that you have a trusted partner looking out for your financial interests.
fi∙du∙ci∙ary (n) A person to whom property or power is entrusted for the benefit of another.
Some people believe that they can do it themselves – and this is possible, of course. But the successful do-it-yourself investor and financial planner must possess the necessary time, talent and temperament to be successful. That is, they must have the time to research and design an investment and financial plan. They must have the talent to understand and correctly apply the proper investment and financial planning techniques and keep up with current developments. Finally, they must possess the temperament to execute their plans and not be tempted to stray off course during critical times, such as during a market crisis or stressful family situation.Our unique background, experience, and qualifications help us serve our clients well and provide them with tremendous value and peace of mind.
Certified Financial Planner
When evaluating financial professionals, we strongly believe that your advisor should serve as your fiduciary, just like attorneys and accountants. We feel just as strongly that your advisor should be a Certified Financial Planner.
The Certified Financial Planner designation is now the industry standard for serious advisors. CFP® certificants must complete a specialized education program, pass a rigorous examination, agree to be bound by a code of ethics, and keep their skills current through continuing education. This is very similar to the examination and licensing requirements for attorneys and accountants. Would you hire an unlicensed attorney or accountant?
There are many people holding themselves out as financial advisors these days. Many of them are not fiduciaries. Financial professionals who are compensated by sales commissions can have a conflict of interest when it comes to recommending what is truly in your best interest. Often, you are a customer, not a client, in these arrangements. Your advisor’s compensation should be straightforward and transparent to you, the client.